Senior Planning roles (permanent)
- Team Leader, salary up to £50k per annum
- Principal Planner, salary up to £50k per annum
- Senior Planner / Planning Officer, salary up to £40k per annum
For an exceptional candidate, the salary is negotiable.
These roles also attract a relocation package for candidates, an excellent public sector pension scheme and an employee discount scheme offering great discounts with many national retailers.
Experience the extraordinary with a move to Folkestone and Hythe District Council (F&HDC).
This is an exciting time to join us and make a difference. Our mission is to create a world class quality environment in which people want to work and live. We have a range of exciting and ambitious major projects coming forward, which include a brand-new garden town settlement at Otterpool Park and the regeneration of Folkestone town centre, harbour and seafront. We are investing and growing our team now by creating new exciting and challenging roles to ensure we deliver outstanding place-making and delivering growth and prosperity for the district to ensure we realise our aspirations.
- Fast-track your career development by working on a range of high-profile, exciting projects with unique challenges and opportunities
- Enjoy working or living within a unique and attractive area; Folkestone and Hythe’s beautiful coastline and countryside and the creative cosmopolitan town of Folkestone, which is only 54 minutes from Central London by high speed rail, 30 minutes to the beautiful city of Canterbury by car and 35 minutes to France by Eurostar
- Take advantage of a workplace that truly embraces and encourages flexible working to achieve an enviable work/life balance
- Excellent opportunities for further training and career growth
- be experienced planner who is commercially minded and focussed on place-making
- have a track record of successfully leading major development projects through the planning system and delivering high quality, sustainable development
- possess outstanding technical knowledge, have excellent communication skills and be able to lead teams
- have suitable experience from either the public or the private sector (or a mix of both) and have experience in dealing with a wide range of planning and related applications, including major applications and complex large majors for the Principal and Team Leader roles
- be experienced in appearing at public inquiries and/or informal hearings
- be educated to degree level
- hold a professionally recognised planning qualification and either be a member of the RTPI or be eligible for membership of the RTPI
This is an exciting time to join us as we embark on this significant period of growth and development. If you have the passion, expertise and necessary skills to make a difference at this point in our history, we would love to hear from you.
For an informal discussion about any of the available roles please contact:
- Lisette Patching (Development Management Manager) via email: email@example.com or Tel: 01303 853448
- Claire Dethier (Development Manager Strategic Projects) via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 01303 853467